Saturday, March 29, 2008

Travel Insurance - do I need insurance for a holiday in the UK?

Last week my wife and I reserved for the two centre holiday in the islands of Scotland. Seven days on Skye and then a ferry over to Steornabhagh for another seven days on the Isle of Lewis. Wonderful landscape, filled with walks and masses of peace and tranquility. You could have flown more than me when my local travel agent assumed that I wanted travel insurance for an additional 27.50. Not on your Nellie the Lock Ness monster, I thought. Who needs travel insurance for a holiday in Britain? The National Health Service is free and in the event of an emergency, my son could drive up and bring us home. Later in the extructura my room I came to thinking.
Holiday misfortune not only happen abroad. So my hat on pessimistic, I made a note of the risks: Some rotter might steal our luggage Last week I bought a singing and dancing digital camera especially for the trip. Got on the Internet. I could waste your time outside. If any of us were hospitalized unwilling to be abandoned in Skye. We want to transfer to our local hospital in Warwickshire. My wife is receiving from the parents. God forbid, but I have to cancel the vacation, if something happened to them just before they are to come. One of us could take before we go bad and we will be forced to cancel. As ferries and hotels that were not annulled, we lose everything they had paid. There may be a further delay in the ferry at the time of revising the Isle of Lewis. In addition to the inconvenience, we have to arrange an extra night in Skye. One of us can be called up for jury service. Then hit me. If I were on holiday in Brittany, and my Home Contents policy could cover me for the loss of my camera or baggage. I dug in the policy document. Lucky me. I was only insured for personal effects " " if contained therein, and as I just bought my digital camera I had not come round to the list as a valuable point in my politics. Another aspect that impressed me. I do not lose my claims discount if I made a feast that credit on my house and content policy. That would not be a good idea. I have ten years of free registration of claims that the policy and still cost me 310 pounds a year. I jotted another note - remember, when the policy comes up for renewal, to see if I could do it cheaper on the Internet. For now, a policy of trips to 27.50 looking for worthwhile after all. Now my wife says that I am a little old skin of a flint. Therefore, to maintain the image! I know, online and back before leaving travel agents & 39; in the politics of 27.50. Is it competitive? Not all web sites surfed I could offer a single trip travel policy for a holiday in the UK, but within ten minutes he had found what he wanted - and a savings of more than 10 pounds! Time to study the small print to confirm that he wanted to cover. Great, all risks noted are covered. The insurer could pay 30 even if my ferry was delayed until 12 hours and then give me the option to cancel my trip to the Isle of Lewis and get my money back. Now you do not pay? I was not covered when I was on vacation for less than two nights or my hotel was less than 25 miles from your home. I also had to comply with the first 30 pounds of any claim. That seems fair to me. The decision was made. I wrote my credit card number and has assured me in a CLICK. Restablecido peace of mind! Michael writes for Brokers life insurance online that offer most of the UK financial services including travel insurance additional reading: What does the term suppression of the franchise? katheleen amy



Bookmark it: del.icio.usdigg.comreddit.comnetvouz.comgoogle.comyahoo.comtechnorati.comfurl.netbloglines.comsocialdust.comma.gnolia.comnewsvine.comslashdot.orgsimpy.com

No comments: